There are a few ways to help ease cramps:
- Take over-the-counter pain medicine like ibuprofen (Advil), naproxen (Aleve), or acetaminophen (Tylenol).
- Put a heating pad on your belly or lower back.
- Take a hot bath.
- Have an orgasm (by yourself or with a partner).
How do you sleep with period cramps?
Use Heat To Relieve Period Pains
If you have menstrual cramps, you can use heat therapy to reduce the pain. Place a hot water bottle on your lower abdomen to relax the muscles of the uterus and increase blood flow. You can also use a hot towel or take a warm bath before bedtime.
How do you stop period pains forever?
Ask An Acupuncturist: 6 Ways to Reduce Period Pain
- Supplement Yourself. Take calcium and magnesium supplements throughout the month, as these nutrients work in concert to aid muscle relaxation.
- Try a Tea. Raspberry leaf is considered to be a mild uterine tonic.
- Eat More Greens.
- Cut Down on Coffee.
- Use a Heating Pad.
- Try Acupuncture.
Why are my periods so painful?
Period pain happens when the muscles in the uterus contract or tighten. Women who experience painful periods can have higher levels of prostaglandins – a natural body chemical that causes contractions of the uterus, bowel and blood vessels. Period pain is the most common cause of pelvic pain.